English | Author: Carlos Rojas | ISBN-10: 1484253337 | 233 pages | Size: 11.8 MB | New Ebook 2020
Building Progressive Web Applications with Vue.js starts by explaining the basic concepts and structure of PWAs, and moves on to designing the app shell and other features that distinguish a PWA from simple web pages. In the following chapters, the book talks about the improved web technologies, such as service workers, caching strategies, background sync, and push notifications, that make PWAs powerful.
What You Will Learn
- Harness the power of Vue.js to build PWAs
- Understand the function and relevance of a manifest file
- Discover service workers and why they are revolutionary
- Work with the Cache API and caching strategies
- Use IndexedDB, background sync, and push notifications
- Enhance your apps with Firebase
- Implement the Workbox library in your apps
Who This Book Is For
Web developers who want to venture into building PWAs would find the book useful.